Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/bofa/domains/bofa4x4.co.uk/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3396: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3397: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3398: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
bofa4x4.co.uk • View topic - MAC entry news - latest email from Peter

MAC entry news - latest email from Peter

News hot from the press

MAC entry news - latest email from Peter

Postby Richard on Mon May 23, 2011 4:47 pm

Just had the following from HQ:

Hello Teams of 2012 – Sorry for the delay in contacting you all re applications and acceptances but we have a slight problem which we haven’t had for a couple of years! We currently do not have a full take up – the good news from that is that if you are receiving this you are IN!!! The bad news – particularly for those of you who want your ‘old’ number if it is above 56 you can’t (yet) have it! Those of you with a ‘favourite number’ under 56 will (probably) get it but the gaps from 1 to 80 are very varied – I promise I’ll do my best to meet all requests but please be patient!
The Teams of 2011 have done very well and have maintained the ‘tradition’ of raising in excess of £1000 each on average I hasten to add as some are ‘low’.

Where they have ‘failed’ is in being careful over gift aid forms. For those of you who are new to it ‘gift aid’ is a system whereby HMRC pay the charity 25p per pound donated provided the donation is accompanied by the requisite form –copy attached – it is imperative that the form whether single as per the attached (or a multiple sponsorship form which I can provide if requested) meets HMRC requirements - they are very strict but straightforward:
a. The entry must be completed personally by the donor NOT the collector!
b. The donor must be a UK tax payer who pays more tax than the benefit to the charity
c. The address shown must be the home address of the donor as recognised by the taxman – not a work, club or temporary address
d. The post code MUST be shown
e. It must be signed in the case of the single form and ticked on the multiple version
f. Above all it must be legible!!! IE CLEARLY WRITTEN AND EASILY READ

Sadly I’ve had to shred the equivalent of over £1,000 of income because the forms have been incomplete or undecipherable – however hard I, and others, have tried!! Please try to void that happening again.

Thank you for entering and we’ll do our best to ensure you have a great experience in repayment for your most welcome, and necessary, support for Macmillan.

I’ll try to resolve numbers as soon as possible and if you are starting up Justgiving pages please let me know – you don’t need the team number although I appreciate a lot of you like to!!
Thanks for your support - Cheers - Peter

this space is intentionally left blank
Richard
Potentially pink

Return to MAC4x4 NEWS