Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/bofa/domains/bofa4x4.co.uk/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3396: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3397: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3398: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
bofa4x4.co.uk • View topic - From Peter @ MAC4x4 HQ; Sunday 17th April 2011

From Peter @ MAC4x4 HQ; Sunday 17th April 2011

News hot from the press

From Peter @ MAC4x4 HQ; Sunday 17th April 2011

Postby Bill on Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:21 pm

Hi Everyone – breaking my silence at last!! I’ve been keen to tell you what a fantastic lot you are and how much you have raised but have delayed because I was hoping it would be special. You may recall before the event I said we needed £106,800 to bring the grand total in the ten “Macs” to £3/4M!!

Well it didn’t seem too promising when the total at the time of the event had ‘only’ reached £72K – still a great total for Macmillan but not when we were hoping for £106.8K. To bring you up to date there are currently 10 teams who haven’t yet reached the £600 target and 2 who haven’t paid in anything – including in one case the insurance money too so it’s just as well they caused no damage!! If all those teams came up to £600 it would put another £3,500 into the kitty – some of them have been in touch and I know their sponsorship will come in later. In addition there is a fair discrepancy between the amount some teams have shown as ‘raised offline’ on their Justgiving pages and the amount they have so far sent to me – that totals another £3K so we potentially have a further £6.5K to come in yet – if everyone ‘pays up’, which I really do hope they will.

That detail, however, was eclipsed on my birthday – when next year’s Entry Forms became available - by several cheques which came for 2011 reducing the deficit to those figures shown above BUT which, also, brought the current total to £107K – so the year of 2011 – our Tenth Mac and Macmillan’s centenary - has become the year that took the grand total to £3/4M. Well done everyone in achieving such a fantastic amount – I do appreciate just how much work it has meant to so many and thank you on behalf of Macmillan for achieving such a total. To those who are included in the deficit above I hope this will be the incentive you need to send in your sponsorship to add to this year’s fabulous total.

Onwards and upwards into the Olympic Mac – the post on Saturday was beaten by one ‘anonymous’ personal delivery of two entry forms before 06.45. Then ‘Postie Dave’ (Team 36 in 2010!), before 0900 as some of the entries were “Before 0900” deliveries, brought enough for us to be over half full for 2012 and I’m expecting a big postbag tomorrow - which on past showing will take us into a reserve list. If you put in your forms, (and cheques!), I’ll let you know team numbers as soon as I can confirm your place. If you haven’t yet raised this year’s money and put in a form please let me know the situation regarding this year’s money to help me make decisions if we are oversubscribed.

Once again WELL DONE MAC 2011 – you have taken the event to another level – now the target is £1M !!!!
Hope to see those of you entering in 2012 – in the meantime all drive carefully and enjoy life! Cheers - Peter
HELP US RAISE FUNDS FOR MACMILLAN CANCER SUPPORT WITH TEAM BOFA4x4
http://www.justgiving.com/bofa4x4-2014
TXT? Bofa47 <space> <cash amount> to 70070
Bill
Site Admin

Re: From Peter @ MAC4x4 HQ; Sunday 17th April 2011

Postby Grizzly on Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:45 pm

Good news on reaching £750K .............. nice to know that BOFA4x4 has contributed to over 10% of that total too :D

As for the two teams that hadn't paid their insurance monies .... why were they allowed to take part?
Regards, Steve
TWENTYFOURx4
Grizzly
Headmaster

Postby Bill on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:56 am

Good question that.
as you know Peter his 'good nature' was abused.
I dont know the details of the 2 ins teams but.
I am sure that if we turned up having forgotten or not brought enough dosh he would have wavered the cost till afters.
That said tho, he knows that we wouldnt let him doon.
again, if that did happen to one of our team I am sure that one of us would have stepped in to save asking Peter.

The 'eejits' do spoil it somewhat Im afraid.

Thers still time for you Stevie boy to enter.
Number 19 awaits.................................

wicked wills
Bill
Site Admin

Postby Col on Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:06 pm

Great result, pity though some have to spoil it, seems like Peter will have to toughen up for next year and don't let them compete unless the insurance is paid up-front. :D :D
Image HELP US RAISE FUNDS FOR MACMILLAN CANCER SUPPORT WITH TEAM BOFA4x4
Col
Ex-Trucker N Lovin it

Postby Grizzly on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:03 pm

Another way, would be to add the insurance onto the cost of the entry fee ?

And possibly, introduce a £600 by 1st March or you don't cross the starting line?

The only exception being for reserve list entries that start 'late' in getting sponsorship e.g.

Depending on entry date on or before date quoted below, the min balance could be (or no start) .............

By 30 Sep - £600min
By 31 Oct - £500min - balance by 31 Mar
By 30 Nov - £400min - balance by 31 Mar
By 31 Dec - £300min - balance by 15 Apr
By 31 Jan - £200min - balance by 15 Apr
By 28 Feb - £100min - balance by 30 Apr
Regards, Steve
TWENTYFOURx4
Grizzly
Headmaster

Postby Col on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:02 pm

Yep, he definately needs to do something like that. :D :D
Image HELP US RAISE FUNDS FOR MACMILLAN CANCER SUPPORT WITH TEAM BOFA4x4
Col
Ex-Trucker N Lovin it

Postby Bill on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:16 am

tis a dificult one reet enough.

If one is 'passionate' aboot getting a place then why not fund raise to show yer comitment then if or when ye get a place ye have 'X' amount of funds.

We keep saying that other teams failings are that they dont start trying to get dosh till Jan/Feb time.
Thats why we are so 'good' at it, we fund raise slowly throughout the year.
No pressure

another angle for some teams is that they go round ther mates and ask to be sponsered and collect after the event.
so, on paper they have 'X' amount to get but only after the event
then some folks have moved away, cant afford it etc etc.

Peter did say that anyone not hitting the £600 mark and re applies will go onto the reserve list untill they do pay up.
If ther are no places for them at that time then hard luck.

Thats what he says dunno whether hes strong enough to impliment it.

tough one for sure.
Bill
Site Admin

Return to MAC4x4 NEWS