Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/bofa/domains/bofa4x4.co.uk/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3396: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3397: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3398: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
bofa4x4.co.uk • View topic - Sunday 13th Feb: from HQ

Sunday 13th Feb: from HQ

News hot from the press

Sunday 13th Feb: from HQ

Postby Bill on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:17 pm

Hi Everyone – Two and a half weeks to go!!! Exciting? Frightening? Frustrating!!?

To bring you up to date – (and explain the last point above)

On 28th Jan I sent out an e-mail to everyone drawing attention to the website and the final paperwork required to complete you registration and insurance. I said “Please let me have those three pages and cheque/s back quickly as they are not only confirmation of your participation but lead to various admin actions we have to take”. The response is a bit worrying as 46 teams have not yet complied! You will know who you are - so does this mean you are not taking part? Please either re-assure me you are still wishing to compete by sending in your paperwork and insurance cheque or let me know that you are pulling out so we can react accordingly as there are many various admin arrangements we have to put in place.

Keeping you up to date on the sponsorship side there are currently 37 teams who have not yet reached the £600 minimum and a further 16 who have, to date, recorded any donation at all either directly to me or on a Justgiving page. We are currently showing a total sponsorship of £47,000. Very welcome of course but this time last year we were at £72K and eventually set the new record of £123K. If you ae holding cheques please let me have them as it makes life very much easier if I drip feed them to the bank. I know some of you have events after the event for which I am most grateful and you have kept me informed.

One team has achieved a great offer which could be of interest and advantage – Keith Parkinson (Team 6) has got a sponsor who could be a benefit all round – I quote his e-mail – “Skytag make a GPS/GPRS based vehicle tracking system – there is a purchase cost and then a subscription. If your vehicle is stolen or moves for example when you have told them you are on holiday they track it and inform the police. Skytag have agreed to sponsor us on the Mac this year. Part of the deal is that anyone ordering a Skytag using the code Mac4x4 gets the normal price of £249.99 reduced down to £89.00, and for every unit purchased at this rate they will donate £15/unit to our Macmillan sponsor account. The benefit to them is more people trying the product and signing up to the subscription. There is a bonus for everyone taking part in the Mac this year who buys (or already has) a Skytag. They will provide a web login that will allow followers of that team to see where the vehicle is now and where it has been. This would be an open portal, with any number of vehicles on it, similar to the one they did for the Peking Paris rally where they tracked 62 vehicles. This includes a picture of the vehicle, team name, sponsor links etc all when you hover over the vehicle icon or on the listing name on the left hand side. Anyone participating in the Mac who buys a Skytag unit before the event (or already has one), will get the live tracking for the challenge free. This could turn the event in to an armchair spectator event, giving it more interaction and exposure. Their website is http://www.skytag-gps.co.uk/. We are keen to get the message out to all teams on the 2011 Mac 4x4 that if they already have or buy a Skytag before the event that they can have vehicle tracking enabled. The live tracking could help many of the teams with fundraising, or at least add a bonus to their supporters. Keith would be happy to discuss this with anyone interested on 07866 772950.

Some of you have queried maps – between the AA and the organisers you will get all you need!! So, start airing your sleeping bags and stocking up with Red Bull and energy bars – it’s getting very close! See you in just over two weeks time!!!

Cheers - Peter
HELP US RAISE FUNDS FOR MACMILLAN CANCER SUPPORT WITH TEAM BOFA4x4
http://www.justgiving.com/bofa4x4-2014
TXT? Bofa47 <space> <cash amount> to 70070
Bill
Site Admin

Re: Sunday 13th Feb: from HQ

Postby Simon72 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:20 pm

I can't believe some people not sending off their Insurance bits and pieces... hope its none of us lot... need their hand slapping. Lol

Sort of looking good on the fund raising, but I have had a few peaks at others Justgiving sites and some are struggling to get off the start line it looks like. ( Not suprising with the economic climate we are in)
Simon72
'KISSY WISSY'

Postby Bill on Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:08 pm

Aye rather nievly most teams, even experianced ones, leave it till 'tomorrow'
and as we all know, 'tomorrow' never comes.
It is hard and laborious trying to get a few quids from folks.
When they realise that fund raising aint a walk in the park they then mention how hard it is.
It is a struggle but as ye know we at BOFA raise funds and awareness all year round so we can 'succeed'

tally ho.

noo, how many days is it noo?
wheres Emmmm
Bill
Site Admin

Postby Grizzly on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:26 pm

Simon72 wrote:Sort of looking good on the fund raising, but I have had a few peaks at others Justgiving sites and some are struggling to get off the start line it looks like. ( Not suprising with the economic climate we are in)

I'm sure that a lot of the teams will "come good" in the end .... most of 'em usually do :D
(first timers often don't realise the size of the task ahead, but many of the 'old hands' will get there some how)

BOFA fund raise roughly 50/52 weeks of the year and are also fortunate enough to have some good corporate sponsors too.
Regards, Steve
TWENTYFOURx4
Grizzly
Headmaster

Postby Bill on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:50 pm

I still think that the way we do the fund raising is the best as its easier and we aint rushed at the end.
Whenever we do the funding events we have fun.
I think it shows in the 'take' that we have fun and as we aint 'pushing' someone to donate it shows in oor voices and approach.

We have fun raising cash for such a needy cause which helps others so much in their final days.
Not only that, we also help the families live on. before, during and afters.

Personally I really do think that Team BOFA4x4 should be really proud of what we do.

Hats off to us all chappies and chapess's
Bill
Site Admin

Postby 90 Nutter on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:58 pm

Simon72 wrote:I can't believe some people not sending off their Insurance bits and pieces... hope its none of us lot... need their hand slapping. Lol
)

We never got an email about this. It was only looking on here that I remembered that there was more to do - Peter should be sending the teams emails about this.

Brian
------------------------------------------------
Sticks and stones may break my bones but mud will never hurt me!

http://www.justgiving.com/teambofa4x4-2012
90 Nutter
Club Stuntman

Postby Bill on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:09 am

he did Brian.
we all got e mails.
I only post on here as its news.
send peter an e mail tomorrow as an up date.
Bill
Site Admin

Postby Grizzly on Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:19 am

I "forgot" one year too ..... easily done mate !!
Regards, Steve
TWENTYFOURx4
Grizzly
Headmaster

Postby Simon72 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:19 pm

90 Nutter wrote:
Simon72 wrote:I can't believe some people not sending off their Insurance bits and pieces... hope its none of us lot... need their hand slapping. Lol
)

We never got an email about this. It was only looking on here that I remembered that there was more to do - Peter should be sending the teams emails about this.

Brian

FOOT IN MOUTH.. Shutting the door behind me. :cry:
Simon72
'KISSY WISSY'

Return to MAC4x4 NEWS